With the use of a “Multigauge 5650” AMS conducts ultrasonic thickness testing of metal and GRP hulls.
The gauge’s advanced non-destructive testing (NDT) features can ignore coatings and fairing compounds up to 20mm thick eliminating the need to remove coatings before testing.
The readings are then used to estimate the metal loss/waste due to corrosion and to ensure the remaining plate thickness is sufficient for the vessel to maintain it’s structural integrity.
– Non-destructive testing technique (NDT).
– Designed to establish the actual condition of steel, aluminium and GRP.
– Automatic Measurement Verification System in multiple echo modes with an accuracy of +/- 0.1 mm.
– No grinding or removal of coatings required.
– Ignores coatings up to 6 mm thick in standard mode and up to 20 mm in Coating Plus mode.
– Only requires access to one side of the test material.
– Ability to monitor corrosion rates.
– Simple and accurate testing in the field with immediate results.
Contact Anthony at AMS to find out exactly how much hull material is between you and the deep blue.